View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 09:31 AM

8 yr Member

8 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar View Post
Ask yourself, is continuing with BJJ worth the possible risk of a long term issueYou never know which one will be the life changing one forever

Up C Spine
for c1 c2 info.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanBJJ View Post
Thanks for the response man!!

Are you on the side of permanent damage/problems? If so I am sorry to hear that. Believe me, I'm not taking any of this lightly. I'm constantly battling internally about whether I should quit BJJ or continue.

I understand about risking a possible long term/permanent injury, but I have to ask myself. If I am so worried about that, then I shouldn't ride a motorcycle ever again, or I shouldn't snowboard, or should drive a car, or do many other things that COULD cause an injury right?

I think that is the biggest thing I am struggling with internally. If I give up BJJ to protect my brain, then riding a motorcycle seems hypocritical because if I come off that I am probably going to be FAR worse off. Or doing snowboarding where you fall on your ***, tumble, land funny etc.

I just feel like it is a "what if" situation with everything and I wanted to try and live my life sensibly but not just avoiding things all the time.
Yes I have been disabled for over 15 years....Lots of problems for me, so its one day at a time...I was never able to pass the tests to drive again, so every moment of my waking days has been affected.

I wish I had some hobbies, watching tv fills lots of my time...It is a boring life but I cant deal with loud anything, people, to much of excitement of anything.

About this time last year I was terrified as we had a wild fire 10 miles away, being trapped, the smoke everywhere, and knowing I couldnt get far walking...So 6 years ago I got a real service dog to help me in public.

So you can see that my life has been ruined by my TBI....If I could change what happened on January 2, 2007 I would....
davOD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (06-08-2022)