Thread: Sinemet dose ?
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2022, 04:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Sinemet dose ?

I'm now in my 26th year with PD. Onset of symptoms was 1996 at age 33. Things are not good, as I'm sure you can imagine. I'm supposed to take 3 Sinemet (25/100mg) four times/day. This dose used to last 5-6 hrs., which worked out well enough for several years. These days, however, I start to wear-off in about 3 hrs. So, now I'm faced with deciding whether or not to go ahead and take "more" than I am prescribed. You see, a VA doc writes my prescriptions, and he recently sent me a large "extra" bottle of Sinemet (Qty: 180). I'm assuming he sent them because I told him about the 2-3 hrs of On-time I regularly get from the 3-tab dose.
Obviously, the longer we take the sinemet, the less effective it becomes. So, I was wondering if anyone here has past the point I find myself in currently? Anyone here taking more than 3 tabs (25/100mg) four times daily?
...and, what am I (are We) supposed to do if/when the sinemet fails completely?
Thanks very much.

These forums are for mutual support and the sharing information only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment provided by qualified health care professionals. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read about here.
toyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote