View Single Post
Old 06-15-2022, 12:59 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
DeanBJJ,

You need to stop asking doctors for a diagnosis THAT DOES NOT CHANGE your future.

I would confront these 'experts' as quacks. They are a part of the Concussion Industry. The Concussion Industry is focused on MAKING MONEY by keeping patients undergoing worthless treatment and diagnostics and imaging.

There is nothing you can do but resolve your irrational anxiety.

You did not have three concussions.

"33 days ago (1 month) - Sustained Mild concussion
12 days ago - Sustained knock that flared up and added cumulative effect to previous concucisson
1 day ago (yesterday) - sustained knock that again added cumulative effect."

5-12-22
"However, tonight I got "diagnosed" with a "mild concussion."
I was told all the nuero tests were fine but that because I was walking funny and "that caused me to come in to see a doctor," they said it was a mild concussion.

But I was told that it was so minor and nothing like my previous concussions and that it is too early to tell if it is an issue and that if I feel fine tomorrow not to worry but if I don't get better come back."

You thought you were walking funny.... Self-diagnosis is rarely helpful or correct. Walking funny is not a symptom of a very lild concussion. If you truly were walking funny due to a brain trauma, you would also manifest other symptoms. "I was told all the neuro tests were fine...."

THAT WAS NOT A CONCUSSION. That was an anxiety response.

Medicine/health care is a business. They make money examining you and treating you. They get paid more if they chart a diagnosis. Charting ICD Codes determine the fee they get paid. International Code of Diagnostics.....

Your anxiety and access to health insurance to pay doctors is building a mountain out of nothing.

The simple evidence that you are irrational is that you chose to continue with BBJ despite knowing the risks. That was irrational thinking.

Find ways to start thinking rationally.
That does make a lot of sense. Luckily I have health insurance and where I live it is all covered under accident compensation but I suppose the people get paid either way.

Yeah only thing is that first "mild concussion" I don't think was one as I was honestly 90% fine the next day and 100% fine on day 2. Only symptom was trouble sleeiping for 2 or 3 weeks which had never happened to me before.

That second knock, I definitely think something was wrong as for 4 or 5 days I was getting fatigued/dizzy after 2 - 3 hours of doing something. So I wasn't that bad for that knock but it felt like a concussion.

Anyway, 2 days ago, I was doing really good, I had quit BJJ and was focussing on getting my life back on track, but honestly, that boot lid incident was a double whammy.

What I mean is, the boot lid came down on me and I freaked out and yanked my head out and actually clobberred the other side of my head. So the boot lid hit the back of my head and then I ripped my head out and smaccked the back left side of my head, so I gave myself 2 good whacks within 1 minute.

And then, that night, I slept weird like my head was all pressured and I was dizzy and headachy and I slept pretty much all night and then most of the day. And then last night, I slept from 9pm - 12am today so slept mostly 35 hours since the last 48 hours of the injuey.

And especially that first day, I couldn't look at screens or read etc.

To me, that seems like obvious signs of a concussion and that was why I was so worried.
DeanBJJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote