View Single Post
Old 06-18-2022, 06:44 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Your issue is not getting bumped. You issue is you have ideas that just aren't true. Then, you add your concern about practicing combat arts.

If you continue your BJJ, this will be your life. Every hard toss or jerk will have you in anxiety mode. Then, touches like in bed will set you off.

The concept of getting a concussion after a prior concussion has to due with serious concussions. If the 1st concussion caused serious headaches and other symptoms, that can signal that the brain is struggling to maintain proper fluid pressure. A second substantial concussion that happens before the brain has recovered control of fluid pressure can cause a life threatening increase in fluid pressure.

These 1st concussions have serious symptoms and maybe even a brief hospital stay to monitor fluid pressure symptoms. Many years ago, an Olympic snowboarder named Kevin Pearce suffered a serious concussion and returned to training and competition before his brain was ready. A subsequent concussion put him into a coma and almost killed him.
Hey mark, how long after a concussion until you have to have the same level knock to cause a concussion again?

I'm going to be getting one of those ribbed/padded hats as my anxiety has gotten worse since the latest knock. I was getting better but that last knock made me super sensitive.

It's been 5 days since that knock and I kind of just want to get to the 3-4 week so I feel a bit better psychological wise.

Just been a tough time since that last knock. I'm at the point where I don't even like my partner touching me or hugging me much because if she accidently bumps or touches my head etc my brain overracts.

And then tonight, was lying down and she put her arm behind my head to pull me in and kind of knocked her arm into the back of my head to pull me forward and that set my brain off big time I got dizzy, nauseous and pressure.

I really need to get this under control as it is not fair on my partner and is making life hell for me.
DeanBJJ is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote