View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 04:04 PM
Banned User

15 yr Member
Banned User

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by beth View Post
OK, last night I paid close attention, and it was not too hard to figure out. I've got fluid in my lungs. I have been coughing a bit at night, just to clear my throat, but no cold, no sniffles, no fever. This makes sense as to why it even hurt if I laid on my back and just drew one leg up a bit - it made all the fluid rush to one side, and I'd start having trouble getting a good breath.

Are we always more vulnerable to respiratory-type problems once the lung has been deflated in TOS surgery? I know my stupid smoking DOESN'T help matters, believe me! I do plan to quit, but won't even try till my case is totally settled and I have the cash in hand. Just need that whole thing overwith and out of my life first before I go through withdrawal.

So guess I should get this chest thing checked out, huh?
1. Is is a fluid cough or a dry cough? You say you have fluid in your lungs but the later description sounds more like a dry cough. Are you coughing up phelgm?
2. I would say that having respiratory issues will make you vulnerable to TOS issues. Again, the lungs or ribs compressing the nerve or vascular structures. Reduce the coughing and you may reduce certain TOS issues. Sounds like you know this. Obviously smoking needs to stop and you will when you are ready. Obviously the sooner the better. Stupid question...why not quit now? What has settlement of your case to do with quitting an obvious irritant? To stressed to quit?
3. I don't understand. You had your lung deflated in surgery? You had a portion of your lung taken out? What exactly happened? Lung is different than ribcage. If you had a rib removed that isn't a lung deflation...at least not in my understanding. Help?
noname is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote