View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 04:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default There are wonderful people out there.

I copied my post on the EFA and wanted to share with you all:

We were at the Make A Wish Golf Tournament Fund Raising in Priest Lake Idaho. We were letting people chat with an ''actual'' Wish family. To show all the people that donate what it really goes for.

Near the end of the tournament Kevin was introduced. Kevin has been seizing a lot more lately and had just had a few more. If you know Kevin like I do.... you usually can not get him to stop talking... (love that, very passionate about what he talks about). They told all the people about what Kevin has (epilepsy or Doose Syndrome) Kevin spoke few words about his wish trip and came to me and sat down (amazed all that knew him, was expecting 1/2 hour chat and got 3 seconds).

A little bit later, a gentleman came to where Kevin and I were sitting. He introduced himself as "Rich". He homed in on Kevin. Sat down near him and told him that yes he was a lot older, he has epilepsy too. He gave the most impassioned, up lifting, and heartfelt ''pep'' talk to Kevin and hubby and I.

I about cried right then and there. He told Kevin that he could do anything he wanted and to not let the seizures stop him. He told Kevin that even though he had had a seizure that morning, he still played in the tournament. He chatted with us for 45 minutes. He chatted with us about growing up with seizures, the stigma, and working at different jobs with seizures. And if we ever wanted to just talk about what Kevin CAN do, to call him. He spoke to hubby and I about fighting for Kevin, and how to never stop. That WE were to key to Kevin's future.....

Apparently he went and asked one of the Make A Wish coordinator where we were, hubby was standing right behind him and brought him over to us, not knowing why he wanted to talk to us.

He spoke so well to Kevin, and Kevin just sat there and soaked it all in. He was so uplifting and I probably thanked him 100 times over and over. He gave me his business card and I am going to have Kevin send him a special thank you card.

There are wonderful people out there.

Just a little uplifting story that made me smile!!!
Second VNS Nov. 2005
14 meds later still playing the dosage game
Missyat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote