View Single Post
Old 06-24-2022, 03:02 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member
Unhappy Chronic Bilateral arm tingling/pain - Desperate for help.

Hello.
Let me get right to the point RE: my symptoms

61 F no existing medical condition
slim, no history of alcohol or smoking
current medication: melatonin to sleep

~5 yrs ago, the inner elbow of my left arm began to ache tingle. No history of accident, and I'm a housewife.
Over the years, the tingling/ ache/ tiredness/heaviness/weakness spread to upper and lower arm (to all of my fingers) and to my right arm as well.

normal reflexes, and no decrease in strength, but they always feel tired, and tires further very easily. Feels worse when sleeping

Tried:
1) rmt, physio, chiro, accupuncture- All of them I've tried different professionals for at least 6 weeks each. They either made things worse or nothing happened.

2) imagings (MRI, xray, CT of brain, cervical spine, and angiogram to check blood flow) - all came back normal

3) 3 nerve tests - all normal

4) tried whole bunch of meds (lyrica, gaba, variosu nsaids, steroid) - all used for 6wks plus with no improvements

5) tried exercises by various healthcare professionals (for at least 6 wks each) - only got worse

6) general bloodwork (B12, diabetes) - all normal

7) saw two neurologist, 3 physiatrists, 1 vascular surgeon, and a whole slew of general MD.

At first, they thought it might be golfer's elbow or tennis elbow, so tried braces for months- no use.
For a while, they thought it might be TOS, so tried botox injection into scalene/pec - tried it twice, but no use.

At this point, things are progressing and I have no answers. I don't know what I'm supposed to do... I feel alone and desperate, and I'm beginning to lose hope that I'll ever lead a normal life. I used to be active, but now, I can't even wash my hair well.

I live in Vancouver BC, and I know I'm gasping at straws here, but anyone have similar symptoms as mine and had success? Or seen a doctor who could help in anyway?
gomicho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote