View Single Post
Old 07-06-2022, 04:59 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBuckl View Post
I'd suggest absolutely no syntonics until your eyes are free of symptoms. Then wait a few days to a week, then try just the filter, in low light. Try a short period - maybe 10-30 seconds and make sure your brain and eyes don't feel worse. Build up from there.

I'd cut out using the sun and light source altogether. There's plenty of non direct light in a room and the colored light still has effects on the brain without extra light.

If I recall, it was a week or two before things settled down and normalized for me.

You are your own doctor. Listen to your body. I have found that many medical professionals get stuck in protocols and have trouble thinking outside the box of what they've been taught.

I've read many people's stories with syntonics. Each person responds uniquely. Purple might make some people's nervous system relaxed while some get nauseous.

I personally do well with yellow. Sometimes I'll do green. Sometimes I'll mix the two.

Once again, less is more. I've heard of Dr. Zelinsky, who some people have good results with for brain eye problems recommending, 15 seconds at a time.

Yeah I've been hoping taking time off will do the trick but so far it just hasn't. I took 5 days off, then gave syntonics one last shot for 2 days, and now have been off again for 8 days so have done it just twice in last 15 days. The more time that passes the more concerned I get that things aren't going to calm down but I'm still holding out some hope.

If things don't resolve soon then at some point I'm just wondering if the fix is ultimately somewhere in line with the problem and that there's some different way of doing syntonics to hopefully pull my brain back down from this overstimulated state it's in that I can't seem to shake. If syntonics pushed my brain one direction maybe there's a way it can push it back. Your way of doing it for very brief periods and not looking at the light source is hopefully an example of something that could help if taking a break won't get things to calm down.

I will definitely keep in mind your words of caution on people with protocols. I did reach out to Dr. Julie Steinhauer's office in Illinois and I have a call scheduled with her on Monday. She's all over YouTube talking about how great syntonics is and to her credit she does at least have one video saying that there can at times be some downsides if you don't know what you're doing. Hopefully that means she's run into cases like ours a lot and has some ideas on correcting the course. I feel like it could go either way to where she may just want me to follow her protocol to try and fix things or she may just hopefully be real knowledgeable and have a lot of experience with bad reactions and know how to help calm things down based on my specific situation.

I'll keep you posted and let me know if you have any last final words of wisdom. Thank you again for your replies and suggestions!
snappydad is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote