View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 01:57 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Default Supplement Against Neuroinflammation

Hi,

I’ve been away from this forum for some time. I lost my husband to complications of PD in 2018, but I remain vitally interested in the disease, and I will always want to share what I consider might be new information to some of you.

As background, in the final months of his life my husband could hardly move or speak. On one occasion his geriatrician put him on a steroid (prednisolone) to relieve some inflammatory condition not related to his PD. After two doses, suddenly my husband perked up, wished to sit up, spoke in an animated fashion, and was better able to move. The beneficial effects lasted until the steroid left his body. The doctor was not surprised at my husband’s response to the steroid; he stated this was expected when a PD patient received a strong steroid. This suggests to me (am I wrong?) that PD probably has a neuro-inflammatory component.

https://pdfs.semanticscholar.org/00a...100e5bb048.pdf

Here is a link to a research paper about palmitoylethanolamide (PEA). It is a lipid amide made in the body and reportedly it protects against neuroinflammation. PEA is found, among many places in the body, in the brain and spinal cord. It is available as a supplement which is said to have no unpleasant side effects. PD is mentioned in the research paper as a condition which could possibly be treated with PEA.

Your comments will be very welcome.

Best regards from Bergamotte

Last edited by Bergamotte; 07-16-2022 at 02:30 AM.
Bergamotte is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (07-17-2022), jeffreyn (07-17-2022), johnt (07-16-2022)