View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 11:31 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member
Default stopping Apo Levocarb due to side effects

Has anyone else stopped taking Apo Levocarb due to get some peace from its side effects? I've only been taking Apo Levocarb for about a year now at my neurologist’s suggestion. From starting with a half pill 3x/day, I'm now up to 2 100-25 pills 4x/day. I get so fed up with my twitching left foot, rubber mouth and spreading left hand fingers that I just wake up some mornings now and decide not to take any or delay my first dose until the afternoon sometime. Obviously, the downside is I operate extremely slowly, can’t perform fine motor movements, my left foot drags as if I have a limp, left arm doesn’t swing when I walk and my balance is poor. My neurologist has had me try Mirapex and then Comtan and even Apo Levocarb CR in an effort to reduce the Apo Levocarb side effects that I experience. So far nothing has helped very much and I seem to be already getting much shorter periods of "on time" when I do take my Apo Levocarb. I'm seeing my neurologist later in August and am considering going off PD medications altogether – at least for a while. Has anyone had any success reducing or mostly eliminating side effects from Apo Levocarb?
DropD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote