Thread: My White Garden
View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 06:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Heart You folk are simply awesome you know

This is too overwhelming.You are so supportive and I hope that you are all gaining as much pleasure from this as I am.I can hardly switch off at night....I am counting blooms...not sheep.And what a reason to get up in a morning...such a sense of purpose.Thank you for your continued interest and wonderful suggestions.
Aquario...thanks for that link.I have looked at it and there are so many beautiful white hydrangeas I think we will have to include them all...lol
But say if you have a particular favourite. I certainly can`t choose.If it were left to me they would all be bunged in OUR garden ...period.
Madelyn.[Olsen] Would you be thinking about a holiday to the UK soon...well...to a little village with a little cottage and a Garden project on the go? lol
I could sure use your expertise. I grow paeonies but didn`t know a fraction of what you have presented here.This is fabulous.I do actually know to split them and have given scores of plants away...my soil is terrific so their success is down to God`s gift of fantastic soil rather than expert knowledge from me...so your post is so valuable.I have never cut them back either so will do this also.
My love of paeonies came after I was asked to decorate the church for a friends wedding.She couldn`t afford much so I relied hugely on what I had growing in my garden and what I could glean from the country lanes.I wanted to make a beautiful job of the task and fill the church with a perfume as well as beautiful flowers.
I decided to keep the theme simple...white and green with a touch of burgundy to blend with her dress.So I filled my bath to the brim, with tendrils of ivy...to condition it before making garlands...and used cow parsley from the hedgerows to add clouds of white...daisies, burgundy carnations which her grandfather grew...and the queen of them all..stunning white paeonies.The guests were blown away by the fragrance and I vowed to fill my garden with these fascinating flowers.
Sadly,my display this year was cut short by the torrential rain and my heart broke when I saw their magnificient heads,drooping under the weight of the water.I do have some photographs however,and this is where Michael comes to my aid yet again with his generous offer of webspace.
Thank you Michael.I would love to initially take you up on this in order to get started but do not wish to restrict your domain so if you can start me off...and then advise me how to get my own space and link it properly..then I would be so very grateful.

I hope I haven`t missed anyone out.
Until the next batch of suggestions..and I do hope more folk want to be in on this...
With my love
Steff
x
steffi 001 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote