Thread: July 12th
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2022, 07:34 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Derrick doesn't learn to drive because in Indiana you have to be seizure free at least 6 month's for your neurologist to let you drive. And with one of his seizures being the kind that he can kind of not know he is having one but also not know what he is doing. Its not really safe for him to drive. Its also why its not safe
for him to walk to work either. So we will stick to working on the other options.

It will work out I'm sure.

I just saw Harmony's results from her evaluation before kindergarten this fall.
I had been wondering because her mom wasn't really open to saying how it went. Other than they said, she was smart and shouldn't be held back in pre-school. Which I found odd. But it turns out I think mom is having a hard time
accepting her moderate disability and autism diagnosis. Which I had already known almost positively she had the autism diagnosis, even though the person doing the Evaluation didn't want to agree 3 years ago. Because she smiles and laughes and things. But she doesn't have complete eye contact.

And she is not doing some of the other things she should, and she definitely acts autistic.

Donna
"Thanks for this!" says:
bizi (07-31-2022), mymorgy (08-01-2022)