View Single Post
Old 08-02-2022, 08:45 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

I am sorry you're having this experience- it is scary to have multiple bumps to the head (slight or heavy), especially in the context of the increasing focus on CTE in research, media and (finally) athletics. I do feel Mark's initial point is a good one. Not only is anxiety from raised awareness a potential contributor here, but there is also the pragmatic question- how likely is it that there will be a compounding injury? When it comes to two concussions in isolation, regardless of their proximity to one another, the answer, according to research, is "not very". Even so, in the unlikely worst-case-scenario, focusing on what we can find control over is a good place to start. This brings us back to Mark's point- Anxiety can not only bring focus to normative sensations, making them feel heightened but can also generate physiological responses which feel abnormal and concerning. I hope you are able to find the support you need to identify the impact of anxious thoughts on your physiological, emotional and cognitive state. Wishing you well.
rebecca.williams is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote