View Single Post
Old 08-12-2022, 06:44 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi,
It's been a while since you posted this message so I'm hoping you have had some relief by now. It seems to be on and off from what you've written.

I'd try to figure out if you were taking any similar medication or doing anything similar years ago that stopped and now has started again.

I would wonder if it was connected to any medication that you've been taking. I know that some SSRIs and SNRIs can cause parasthesias similar to what you've described, but usually when withdrawing from the medications. However, those types of meds all have different lengths of half-life, so some are quite short and others longer therefore if you take your med in the early morning then it can have worn off quite a bit by the time you try to go to sleep.

Those types of medications wouldn't be the only ones that would cause parasthesias though and I *think* that Metformin, for example, can be a problem in some people as well.

Also, if it's just the one little area all the time and it's not travelling from place to place on your body then I would wonder if it's related to a movement problem in your hip or from your back that gets exacerbated during the day and then acts up at night.

So many of these symptoms seem to get worse at night. I have RLS and it usually only comes on at night when I'm trying to sleep or if I'm trapped sitting in a car on a long journey.

Anyway, please let us know how you're getting on.

Definition of Half-Life. PubMed
Half Life - PubMed
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote