View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 07:56 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Beverly this is really early into a recouperation. I know it was at least three months until my daughter felt really improved. Until then neck was restrcitive, forot reaching for things and jerked with pain, etc. It is like a C section if anyone had one. Some parts of the body feel ok, then others are really still "feeling it".

Keep up range of motion as they allow, hot bath soaks help a lot, if you can get in a pool not swim, but hanging in the water, put your arms on boars or noodles to support and walk. The weightless helps the muscle get strong with no efort.

You do have complicating issues with your fussion...I think this is a contributing factor many TOS folks don;t have. Makes recovery difficult as that area is going to try and compensate for the neck muscle and chest area trying to regain itself.

There is a lot of truma to surgery, large instruments, reaching in and traveling into the chest deep, pulling and tugging. Not like taking out an appendix.

Give yourself 6 months.....even then you may not feel perfect, but it takes everyone different amount of time and in your case, I can certainly see it being longer.

Hope you feel better soon,
Di
PS when you sit, support your arms on a pillow, if your ride or drive too. You may want a TOSs pillow under your armpit for support. Out side, use a fanny pack or belt wrap to stick your hands in for support.

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote