View Single Post
Old 08-19-2022, 11:29 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SecondChances View Post
Questions.....I found a good neurologist that deals with diseases affecting the muscles and the site also talks about vitamin shots and IVs for electrolytes. Since my limbs are basically useless and dead, do you think he can do anything to help me? I am concerned about my ringing ears which from what I understand is a reaction from stimulated neurons in my brain from the anti anxiety and anti depressant effexor. My brain is terribly foggy, I am exhausted and zombie like. My brain is sooooo messed up. I refuse any meds, there is no sense testing my nerve function as I know I have late stage neuropathy, so am I wasting my time? Maybe he can at least somehow keep me from progressing? I already am doing PT and vitamins so kinda doubt there is much more to do for me. Thoughts anyone?
As far as I could read everything in my desperate sate, I could lay my eyes on since I have this condition, alcoholic neuropathy stops progressing once you stop drinking. It should also improve with a healthy diet and stress less lifestyle. Easier said than done, espec. in the benning, when you are worried and are desperate and in self hatred. Natural, I have/had those too. It might or might not disappear completely, but def. should improve somewhat. I thought I could never ride a bike again, since I also broke my lumbar fusion being drunk. Yesterday I just rode 75 kilometers on my eMTB and I was completely done, but extremely happy. So I suggest you do some activity which makes you happy and try to raise the intensity as you can and your health improves. Try walking, nature. If you feel anxiety take some pills, but don't exchange one dependency to another. I took Xanax, low dose, half pills, when I thought it was unbearable. Now I rarely ever take it, even during those days, when I have symptoms.

In February I felt numbness after excersize, now it rarely comes. Every person is different, but be patient and kind to yourself. I also thought about suicide since I also lost my manhood, now my hormons came back stronger than ever with pimples on my forehead, which normally I would find disturbing. Now I am glad for them. If I went down the suicide lane, I would have never had sex again. Now at least I have a chance. So keep up and give it time, months, years. If you see some progress write it down, be happy for it. Get prepared for setbacks too! Good luck!
jean2399 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote