View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 08:25 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Question Help with carpal tunnel type pain, knuckle too

I am looking for the brain storm bag of tricks to try to reduce the carpal tunnel pain. It is in the palm area, base of the wrist, worse in the padded spot at the base of themb....., from wrist up under arm in the forearm area. My pointer finger too the top first knuckle is red and swollen.

Clincher is this is no dominate hand, BUT, w/c treated me and returned me to work 10 years ago for a sprain, but my wrist was actually broken.
I do get ganglions in this area, and the doc did say DeQuarivans (sp)..

I use lidocain cut and wrapped around the wrist, have a splint, yucky help.....
Ice pack, gel type to sink the hand in. Rub with biofreeze. Asprin, Advil, PErcocette if I need, if more then the hand hurts I need....

I wear the splint out, take off in the house, use the lidodrm around sleeping,

Usually, one or more of these helps....bums me as it is the non dominate hand, but one that was broken,,,,
Any thoughts? IT is confusing as it is the not as affected side, it is not my right hand dominate side, it is the side I have left side C4/5/6 herniations...
I tip my head right and chin down subconsiously...(shortening to the worse affected side, TOS worse side)
Di

OH! the spot under the elbow joint, lowest part of inside of elbow joint, is terrible painful too..I think if I press the spot where my bra strap would sit....I feel it travel down to these spots....

Pocono area, PA

DiMarie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote