View Single Post
Old 08-25-2022, 01:50 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Had a post in another forum but figure I would pop in here. 4 months ago I woke up with numbness and tingling in my left side and from there it spread just about everywhere within a few days. I’ve been a weekend drinker ~15 drinks sores over 2-3 days for 10 years. I know it’s not nearly as much as most but I have no other explanations. Bloodwork, nerve study, head mri all came out clean. These days it’s stabilized and not getting worse but it’s a roll of the dice of what my symptoms are. The left leg tingling is a daily thing but sometimes I’ll get burning feet, hands, numbness in my arms, etc. I went a month without drinking since this started then 2 months, and each time after it seemed to flare up for about a week before getting a little better. Never went away entirely but nerves will take much longer than that to heal I assume. I also have issues with dizziness and my heart rate spiking randomly but I’m not sure if that’s post Covid related or not since it happened pretty close together. Will be seeing a cardiologist for that.

Anyway I’ll give it 6-12 months and reevaluate. Neurology is pretty much done with me since they found nothing so I’ll just cut out booze entirely and see if that helps. Cant hurt anyway. I’ll just have to travel sober which probably needed to happen anyway. I travel frequently and every day when traveling I would drink quite a bit so I probably underestimated how much I really have been drinking.

Last edited by gooilers18; 08-25-2022 at 02:06 PM.
gooilers18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote