View Single Post
Old 08-28-2022, 07:10 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Hey everyone. It’s been just over a month and a half since I posted about my possible bat scratch rabies exposure and getting the rabies vaccine a week later. Possible exposure June 30 2022. PEP w/RIG began July 7 2022 and last shot July 21 2022.

It’s been an interesting time to say the least. I’ve gone through bouts of numbness and tingles and muscle twitching, anxiety, headaches, brain fog etc. it’s been pretty intense.

The hardest part really is dealing with the anxiety that the entire ordeal brings on.

Just over the last couple of days I’ve gotten sick, my son and his mom were sick and I likely caught whatever they had. But I’d be lying if I said the potential for a vaccine failure hasn’t crept into my mind causing the worst anxiety to date! I’ve gone back and re read this entire forum multiple times and found myself diving back into rabies cases on the internet, even though this just causes a further spiral of anxiety, and yea here’s to hoping I just caught some seasonal funk from my kiddo and it isn’t in fact rabies.

Hope everyone else is doing well, thanks again for the posts, they truly do help with anxiety.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PepTalk1012 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Tobius (08-29-2022)