View Single Post
Old 08-30-2022, 07:18 AM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

I got some labs back. High liver enzymes and after being pre-diabetic for years, I have finally crossed the line and am officially diabetic. I am not surprised. In abstinence I binge on sugar and still I do little exercises. I have a Dr appointment come Friday to discuss this and depression and anxiety issues.
My feet are largely numb even extending upwards a bit to the calves and then the pins and needles travel up to the thighs. The pins and needles stopped in my feet and calves as well as any pain and i thought that was improvement, but then I realized it was because I was numb meaning the nerves are largely dead. It is my understanding that that means the nerves are dead and that puts me at stage 4 or 5 on the neuropathy scale and that means very unlikely I will improve as it has gone to far. 😢 The other day I took a one mile walk. It may not sound like much but that was quite a feat for me. That night I was having pain in my feet. I have never been so happy to have pain! Also pins and needles and creepy crawlers were back in my lower limbs. I have to believe this is improvement no matter how uncomfortable I am. I have a very high tolerance to pain but it is the weakness and loss of balance that is so scary. If only I could see some improvement there I would be so very happy and grateful. In meantime I just limp and hobble along. Oh, and online I found some really cool canes. I will splurge and get one. Perhaps it will make me feel less self conscious when I use one and it will look like a fashion accessory. I do have a strange sense of style.
I am continuing with my PT but I believe it is a waste of time despite working very hard. I am such a shut in and loner but I find I enjoy the interaction with the people at PT. As my health improves and my self confidence grows I will encourage myself to get out, make friends and join the living.
SecondChances is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (09-04-2022)