View Single Post
Old 08-31-2022, 12:06 PM
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Newly Joined

1 yr Member

Hi Mark, thank you for the thoughtful response.

The last "concussion doctor" I went to was a sports medicine doc I saw last summer. All ego, no real treatment advice besides ambiguous advice around brain rest. The PT he referred me to and VT I found were far more impactful than anything he could have told me.

You and Jomar have prompted me to make another appt with my PT to get my neck looked at again, I really appreciate the advice.

Where I am still stuck is this whole concept of "brain rest" that every Dr seems to prescribe to various capacities. I know no one can really tell me certain if I had a concussion, but I would love to know if I can push through headaches from a tight neck or if I need to listen to the headaches and stop doing things because they are impacting my brain. This is where the ambiguity between Dr/Therapist advice is frustrating, as I just want to make sure I am doing the right thing to get better as fast as possible. If brain rest is truly needed, wouldn't the advice from my therapist potentially elongate symptoms?

This is a really unique problem I deal with and a lot of folks on this forum seem to face, so I really appreciate the intelligent discussion.
traxtion is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote