View Single Post
Old 09-03-2022, 08:01 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

kyla239,

Welcome to NeuroTalk PCS forum.

I'm glad to see you recognize you anxiety issues and how it freaks you out when you get a head bump. That is a good start to taking control of this issue.

I won't even address the iPad falling. I decided years ago while my wife was going through cancer surgery that I would not longer respond to those illogical questions. We need to pick out battles. Minor bumps are not a concern.

The simple fact for you to understand is this.

It requires a force or impact of 60 to 80 G or more to cause a concussion.

A good example of this force can be with a bowling ball. Imagine dropping a 16 pound bowling ball on your toes or your head from 1 foot directly above. That is the minimum impact required to cause a concussion.

A second point is simple. What would you do IF somebody told you that impact was or could be a concussion? Would you try to reverse time? Would you go to the doctor and try to get "treatment"? Would you change your life plans? What difference would such a diagnosis make?

I've had 14 memorable concussions over 40+ years. 1 severe, 3 serious concussions, a few moderate concussions and the rest are mild. I know a lot about dealing with concussions. Worry is counterproductive to getting better and living life.

As an extra, Can we help you with your chronic Post Concussion Syndrome?
There are a lot of things you can do to minimize PCS symptoms. I try to check in once a day for newbies like you and other questions.

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote