Thread: PCS and the gym
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2022, 06:23 PM
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Newly Joined

1 yr Member

The whole PCS thing is very new to me, but gyms tend to have a lot of noise/stimulation, which does trigger a lot of my symptoms. Unfortunately i have had a very bad onset of symptoms recently and i find it challenging to work let alone work out.

But I would say going at quieter times or even going to gyms that have quieter sections would be helpful. For example both the university and bodybuilding gym that i use to train at had an upper floor away from the main racks/equipment and there were a lot less people.

Currently, if I do any activity it's at my home in my basement where its quiet and i can adjust lighting. I do have a lot of equipment, but it's been all bodyweight and core exercises to not overwhelm my CNS. I also have big Bluetooth headphones from work that cancel out all noise minus whatever you want to listen to; they aren't very loud which is also nice.

I'm kind of just listening to my body and doing what feels comfortable; if it's a good day then maybe a bit of exercise, if it's terribly bad and I'm getting dizzy/pulsing headaches etc then I rest a bit more. If I start and feel pretty good then I might add a bit more intensity or dial it back accordingly.
Aaronrobertssmith is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote