View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 09:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks Matty and Rose for your responses. Matty, I'm sorry to hear of your wife's experience. What a scare for her and for you! I've done a lot of research on this since I was told I have Vitamin B12 Deficiency. I was amazed that there is not a whole lot of up-to-date treatment plans available, nor are their doctors that are up-to-date on the treatments. This deficiency attacks our body in such a weird fashion that in many times, it goes undetected by doctors, or is misdiagnosed for years. The longer we go without the proper treatment, the longer we have a potential for permanent damage.
My left arm feels like a knife is stabbing me at times. It scared me when this slowly started in my right arm also. Getting the doctor (my neurologist) to listen will be hard. He believes my left arm pain is from a torn rotator cuff and a pinched nerve in my left elbow, not the Vit B12. He doesn't have an answer why it is effecting my right arm also.
Matty, don't apologize for a 'lengthy' post! I didn't find it too long, in fact, I enjoyed reading your post and the vit. b12 website was very informational. Thanks for sharing! I know what you mean about decreasing the injections too soon. I about died when my new doctor wanted to decrease my cobalamin injections from every other week to once a month.....I put my foot down big time! If nothing else, they need to be increased! I am so wasted by the time I get home from work, I am not worth a penny. If I sit down on the couch for a minute of two to talk to Bill, I'm out like a light for hours on end.
Rose: where do I find the "Please read the above regarding common symptom increase during healing" I really appreciate the help you are giving us.