View Single Post
Old 09-20-2022, 03:11 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member
Confused

But Icehouse, also know that I was diagnosed 2011 with alcoholic neuropathy when it was just slight tingling after a long day standing on my feet. It has just progressed from there. I understand the longer it goes on the less chance of recovery. Wasn't yours a quicker onset?
Recovery prognosis online is very vague and non-committal but basically says nothing except "It might get better and it might not". Ugh, thanks for that but good no one is giving out false hope I guess? Question for my friends here.....perhaps someone can confirm or offer their understanding. So my pain, tingling and pins and needles in feet and calves had totally stopped and I was very encouraged and optimistic but then I recall reading that once you no longer feel those sensations it means the nerves are completely dead with no chance of regeneration and only the weakness, numbness and atrophy remain. 😥 Now the pain is back along with all the other issues. Does anyone think this a good sign? I had read it often gets worse before better and this is a sign of healing. I doubt if anyone knows but had to ask.
I am definitely at the worse I have ever been. Def wheelchair bound soon if this conditions continues.I had been using a cane but only when I had to walk more than a couple blocks and more so for just in case and assurity but never had to use it. Yeah, I seriously considering a walker for at least if I had to get up during night or when first up in morning. Ugh, this sucks.
Thanks all for listening. I won't even go to a doctor about this and I lie to everyone as I flop all over and I get the ******* constant joke of "Hey, isn't it a little early to be drunk". Ha, ha. No, I destroyed my life by drinking too much. Still think it's funny?
SecondChances is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote