View Single Post
Old 09-21-2022, 10:37 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member
Default Alcoholic neuropathy - panicking

Hi!

I'm a 27 year old male and I've never considered myself an alcoholic but I've definitely been a problem drinker on and off. These past few months I've been drinking twice a week, not to the point of blacking out or anything, but I've been drinking quite a lot. I had hangovers that lasted 2-3 days but that didn't deter me from drinking. Last friday I drank at a club with my friends and it got a bit out of hand. Following this, I had a hangover for a week and on the eighth day I started feeling tingling in my feet and numbness in my hands along with tremors. This affected my balance and I felt "round" underneath my feet. This alone made me vow to stop drinking entirely and I think I'll be able to do that, but I'm worried about permanent damage to my nerves and that this will last forever. I went to the hospital and got a vitamin B1 injection. I've read that alcoholic neuropathy is reversible if caught early and the alcohol intake is ceased but I'm scared to death that this will last a life time. I'm now taking vitamin B supplements daily and I'm on day 10 since my last drink. My balance is slightly improved but the tingling is still there.

Anyone here have experience with alcoholic neuropathy? Did you recover? How much were you drinking before? How old are you?

Please tell me there's a chance my body recovers. This has been a real wake up call. I'm never drinking again. I know what's at stake now.

Grateful for replies!
Jaybot95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote