View Single Post
Old 09-22-2022, 01:01 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atticus View Post
Hey Jaybot,

At 27 you have every chance of making a full recovery. There is a period after ceasing alcohol where the body, symptoms wise, appears to make no progress. This is common in toxic neuropathies and known as coasting. It can even feel like things are getting worse. Typically it takes thirty days to see any progress. The liver may be ridding itself of toxins so eat plenty of fruit and veg, rich in anti oxidants and/or supplements like Triphala or Grape Seed Extract [sorry Caroline]

Your questions are irrelevant in the sense that it depends on the sensitivity of the individual to alcohol as a neurotoxin. Some get PN after one drink. Alcoholics may never experience PN.

Set yourself a 1 month or 3 month challenge to do everything you can to get better. Eat an optimum diet. Take the optimum supplements. ( Don't overdo B6 - that can cause neuropathy) Exercise. Drink water. Those hangovers suggest dehydration. Meditate. The body is a great healer. Give it every chance do to its job.

Best wishes,

Atty
Thank you Atty, this was really encouraging. I've set a mental horizon of 3 months during which I shall live sober, take vitamins and exercise and try not to worry about the symptoms. I have hope that I will see improvements by then. I will never drink again, that's for sure. This was an eye opener.
Jaybot95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote