View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 02:52 AM

3 yr Member

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoung35 View Post
So its officially been 3 month on my neuropathy journey. My neurologist couldn't find anything so now i'm with a Hematologist Oncologist who immediatly said my B vitamin levels are normal ,but low range normal...still don't have anything really definitive. I still haven't regained movement in my 4 toes, my leg is still hypertensive, and now i'm having some pain in my thigh that happens when i stand to long..that's new. My neuropathy effects my motor and sensory abilities on my right foot and leg(below knee cap) I haven't worn closed toes shoes since july ,because those toes and my ankle just feel so uncomfortable being touched by anything ,but crocs clogs. I can drive myself for 20 minutes now ,but my nerves flair bad after 20 minutes and i can only get up to 20 mph(thank god for cruise control). I've tried compression socks with arch support for people with neuro/diabetic pain..i don't have diabetes fyi. I don't know guys..I find myself becoming more bitter and frustrated day by day. I'm working on a way to leave my current job which is active for a more sit down job because i feel like i'm dying or close to dead by the end of day. In the meantime, I think i want to try legit shoes so i can use my foot drop brace. does anybody have brand suggestions?

catastrophize

verb
view or present a situation as considerably worse than it actually is.
"traumatic experiences can predispose people to catastrophize"

This may appear rude and insensitive of me to suggest the above but I want you to take a different view about your situation.

What are you doing driving at 20 mph? You have set you own limits. Driving at that speed is dangerous for you and other road users. Either drive at appropriate speeds or take a break from driving.

Poor health brings with it its own stresses and anxieties. However, your symptoms are not the end of the world. I can tell you now that later in your journey you will become bored with noticing your own pains and disabilities. You will just get on with it.

What you are experiencing is tragic, no doubt. However its the way you respond is the key. This is not the end of the world. This is not forever. The body will find a way to heal itself, you will find a way to manage.

Don't take rash decisions based on 3 months in. Take a longer term view. Its understandable to be bitter and frustrated. The injustice of it all. The why me questions. Become detached. See yourself from afar as if a character in a film. How would you want that character to behave?

Keep going. You can get through this.

Best wishes,

Atty
Atticus is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote