View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 07:50 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

I want to be as succint as possible: sugar is unfermented alcohol. It's almost just as bad for neuropathy, and just as bad for your liver.

My biggest gains happened when I switched to an anti-inflammatory diet that I kept up for at least a year.

You can become a non-diabetic again by just changing your diet. No pills needed. Just look at all forms of sugar (and that includes natural ones in orange juice, or honey etc.) and remove them from your diet without going overboard.

If it comes in a packet, the cardboard has probably more nutrition than the content. Fresh is key.

Avoid "fat free" stuff. Fat doesn't make you as fat (which is pretty ironic) as glucose does. And "low fat" always contains extra sugar, otherwise it would taste like old socks.

Don't overdo it. I indulged once a week (french fries etc), I didn't want it to become a chore. I actually had fun figuring out how it all worked, what was fad, and what was science.

I lost 34 kg in one year, and my triglycerides went from 500 to 150 (!).

I know this is the internet, but trust me, this really happened.

Am I cured? Nope. Still need pain killers. Stress makes everything 10 times worse. Be kind to yourself, treat your body, catch some sunshine, and try to relax.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (09-26-2022), PamelaJune (09-23-2022)