Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanBJJ View Post

Firstly for the headbanging. You say it is not normal behaviour. I disagree. Headbanging is a type of dance and as long as it is done at a reasonable rate does not cause any issues.

I'd like to see some actual evidence regarding this "It disrupts the fluid flow and control in the brain and can cause life threatening damage." Because if this is true, I'd like to know this.

But I play in a Thrash/Death metal band and have played music and headbanged all my life. I've attended MANY concerts and thrashed around, headbanged HARD when I was younger, pushed and threw myself around in the pit with others and never suffered anything more than a sore neck the next day or two.

I'm not disagreeing entirely that headbanging is dangerous, as it CAN be when done too aggressively, too prolonged or too fast, but when I say I want to return to headbanging, I'd not saying I want to return to thrashing my head up and time like I am trying to rip my head off, I'd just like to be able to move my head back and forth at a reasonable rate without fearing I'm going to injure my brain.
DeanBJJ, I have no personal experience with PCS or TBI, but even I know that there are a number of research studies, and also other reputable warnings regarding the potential damage of headbanging to both brain and neck. If you do a search on eg Google you will find a lot of info.

Here is just one example
Headbanging: Doctors highlight potential dangers at hardcore rock 'n' roll acts -- ScienceDaily
Chemar is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
davOD (09-23-2022)