View Single Post
Old 09-23-2022, 03:35 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi cyoung,
After reading this post, I get the impression that only one leg/foot or side of body is involved, is that correct? Maybe I misunderstood.

Also, are you saying your Neurologist referred you on to the Oncologist due to your neuropathy?

I don't understand. Do you have other health issues or signs that you haven't mentioned? How about any medications or surgery that you may have taken just prior to your sudden onset.

I can't really offer any brand suggestions for shoes. The only thing I can say from personal experience is that certain lace up type soft shoes help me walk better than sandals or open shoes that don't encase my whole foot. I like soft oxfords/brogues and also ones like Keds that make canvas sneakers but have good support. They're both soft but firm at the same time and encase my whole foot. I would not be able to wear shoes like crocs at all although others here in the past have done.Very inexpensive canvas sneakers don't do the job as they have no support or cushioning. Having said all that, no shoes will take away any of my pain. They just help me walk and keep balance a little better.

Run a search for "shoes" in the search feature and you'll bring up a number of past threads that may be helpful for you.

It's probably different for everyone because neuropathy affects us in different ways. One thing I know for myself is that one needs to adapt. Perhaps you could talk to your job management or HR about your current difficulties at work. They may have other options that will allow you to modify your daily activities in the workplace.

Also, you said your new Haematology Oncologist said your B vitamin levels are normal or low normal. What does that mean? Do you have copies of the test or can you get them because knowing your B12 levels at baseline now would be extremely helpful for you. Do check the B12 thread if you can as it could be very helpful for you if your B12 is very low.

I don't think it's possible to drive at 20 miles / 32 kilometres an hour is it? I wouldn't try that around here. You'd end up with a very large fine. I can't drive anymore for reasons other than neuropathy mainly but I would have difficulty feeling pressure. I live on acreage so the letter box is a long way from my house. One day last week I got in the car and drove up there but I couldn't feel any pressure properly on the pedals so I continue to walk it despite the pain. I don't do it when I'm in really bad pain. Some days are better than others. I have learned to adapt somewhat but it took longer than 3 months that's for sure. I really battled it in the beginning though and felt despondent also. We really can't go there or it takes a hold.

Feeling as if you're dying by the end of the day doesn't sound very good. It sounds as if you're exhausted or something. Check out those blood tests.

So I mainly do wonder, is this sudden onset "neuropathy" in one foot/leg only and did the neuro send you to the oncologist or is that a separate health issue?

Last edited by Lara; 09-23-2022 at 04:49 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote