View Single Post
Old 09-25-2022, 12:21 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi again,

Just to clarify, I did not write the "bitter" "traumatic" "bored" parts etc.
That was someone else.

I actually understand your frustration due to my own medical situations.
I was only trying to understand if there was an underlying cause or ongoing medical condition that may have led to onset of your painful symptoms.

I had sudden onset neuropathy related to a cancer treatment, that's why I was curious about the oncologist that you mentioned.

take care. I only wish you well

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyoung35 View Post
Lara,

I think a traumatic qualifies when you were enjoying a holiday and 2 weeks later leg is swollen, balance is gone, and all the physical activities i used to enjoy are now extremely difficult to do. My diet was well balanced, every doctor visit prior to this i was in ideal shape. Between 4 mris, an xray of the entire leg, ncs/emg, blood work at the ER + hematology/oncology, physical therapy which is trying to at least restore the lost motor function ,but doesn't have a diagnosis or inkling of one...its a bit much . I understand what you are saying ,but I'm at an extremely bitter stage. I know that isn't healthy For example, i used to be long distance driver/trainer for work, mechanic for a machine that requires specialized training for work( this requires a ladder which i almost fell of off), my job is trying to accommodate ,but as its a 90% physical job i have to smile and deal with it for now. Its hard to become bored with the symptoms as they are unregulated, due to my insurance not paying for some meds, the consistent remainders at work, and a 1 year old child with an active lifestyle. When I said my B vitamin levels were low, its at the extremely low end of normal on any chart. I've also reached the end of my journey with my hematologist/oncologist unless i do a biopsy for a rare bone cancer. The only reason for the bone biopsy is because i have blood disorder that is supposes to present itself in one of two ways and it is presenting a third way which got my case sent to the medical director. I may have to spoke to the neurologist about the biopsy she wanted to do to. which her colleagues, who are 20 years her senior, have been talking to for 3 months have come up with. The only silver lining, and I this quite literally, is that the underlying muscles are healthy.

Last edited by Lara; 09-25-2022 at 01:04 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote