View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 01:09 PM

5 yr Member

5 yr Member

He did and EMG a few years ago and he called it mild to moderate PN. It was really not mild then, and truly not mild now. My provider says Fibromyalgia is diagnosed by symptoms, and they don't have a test. But there is test:
FM/a Test, and I can get through a Naturopathic Doctor but they don't take insurance and my provider does not offer it.
The cost is $1080 and it won't change what I have.

My synopsis is: Initially a diabetic neuropathy possibly complicated by:

Statins?
Low B12 from Metformin?
Lack of testing of B12 and D and probably other things?
Perhaps some alcohol while young?
Being diabetic for a while, before treating, then treating it with drugs that are neurotoxic?

I never wanted to say I was not responsible, but when I ask questions, I want more accurate answers. If the doctor does not know these things, they should. It is how big business works. CYA. And it is pointless to try to inform them of things because they resent it and will not accept that I know things since it makes them uncomfortable.

If I had controlled by weight better when young, I probably not be diabetic and:

Not needed Statins
Not needed Metformin
Not drank alcohol
And did my research many years ago.

But it did not happen that way.

In addition, I have tried many alternative treatment and spent a great deal of money. My insurance does not cover any treatment outside of their system. So it will continue to get worse for the rest of my life, in my opinion.

I would be very skeptical about the diagnosis of peripheral neuropathy being in the feet and hands only and the rest is fibromyalgia. What testing did he do on the rest of your body that came to that conclusion? Did you have EMG/NCS to diagnose peripheral neuropathy in your feet and hands?

Last edited by JKPHOTO; 09-29-2022 at 03:00 PM.
JKPHOTO is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote