View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 09:45 PM
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member
Co-Administrator
Community Support Team

15 yr Member

I feel lab numbers are only a base guideline.
There are such things as therapeutic doses of vitamin & supplements.
When you are unwell or in decline the theory is you need extra amounts to boost and get back to health..
I'm not saying just go crazy and take a bunch of stuff, but do your own research - maybe on alternative but reliable websites..
The ones just selling $$$ products are usually suspect so avoid them unless they really check out as legit.

Do you feel like you really have fibromyalgia after reading many places and the symptoms?
There are related and overlapping conditions..

I have some Fibromyalgia (FM symptoms but some don't fit for me..
There is also myofascial pain syndrome (MPS) they overlap a lot..
Some MPS symptoms fir for me too..
Getting the correct dx can be very helpful for best care & treatment..or self care..

You can list out your symptoms if you want and we can see how they fit compared to what we have.

I'll just list a few ideas... that have worked for me.. For RSI, Fibro, MPS...

If you have trigger points in your muscles those can be treated quite easily even on your own..
Trigger points are different form tender points, I have both.
Tender points are not the correct way to dx Fibro as many non fibro have them also..

Sore muscles - Epsom salt lotion , gels, bath soaks or magnesium or Cal /Mag supplements can help..
Interferential current (IFC) (much better than TENS) might help.. under 100.00 on Amazon.
Far infra red heating pad might help.. I had one since 2004 still works great. Goes deeper to the cells than plain heat pad..
MSM supplement - good for whole body
Methylsulfonylmethane: Applications and Safety of a Novel Dietary Supplement - PMC

If you have specific painful spots try to find a chiro or PT with a soft laser..
mine had one and it worked so fast 20-30 seconds pain gone..
Sometimes is confused with LED light therapy devices.. they work also but takes 30 minutes and more often..
"Thanks for this!" says:
Lara (09-29-2022)