View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 11:01 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I'm glad you're talking about it with us all. It's so important. How on earth do you all pay so much for all your tests and doctors? I am always so shocked to hear how much it costs. It must be so soul destroying.

I tell you what though, if I didn't live where I live and get blood tests free, scans free etc.. if I'd had to pay for what's gone on with me in the past 5 years, I'd be long gone. I feel very fortunate in that regard but I did pay my taxes all my life and that's where it's helping me now I guess.

Many of us have tried so many things. I've read your posts and seen the suggestions that you've been given and what has helped a little and what has not helped at all. Sometimes I feel as if it's throwing money down the drain and because we're all so different nothing works for all of us.

We all don't have hundreds of dollars a week to keep trying different products for our neuropathy and what's being done to help? So many people have this condition now and need help. It's getting worse and worse.

Also, when I said about the blood test results that if they're ok then to rule them out. I didn't mean stop taking your Vit D or your B12 etc.. I meant that if for example your Vit D is fine these days and Calcium in the blood is fine, then at least you know that they're not actually causing some of your pain, because believe me, low VitD and Calcium/Phosphate issues in the Parathyroid loop can cause all sorts of terrible pain.

I get asked just about every month if I want to speak with "someone" hint hint. I laugh about it now, but they do mean a Psychologist and I understand their value totally but no amount of therapy is going to fix this mess.

Anyway, I'm really sorry you're in so much pain but am pleased you're talking about it more openly now. I know it helps me sometimes even if it feels hard to open up.

One thing I do is I keep moving. I obviously can't all the time, but on good days I push the limits. Always have and the endorphin boost I get from pushing the limits when I do is what keeps me going some times.

I go through a boxes of magnesium. Epsom salts and oral (I can't take calcium). I can't afford some things I'd like to try.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote