Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jomar View Post
I considered acupuncture but haven't tried any yet
I have done self acupressure at times
I'm a bit of a do it yourself person, so I explore those things first, unless something requires seeing a Dr .

I'm curious about those with a fibro diagnosis.
Are your muscles or skin painful when touched?
Or am I reading that symptom wrong?

I don't have that but nearly all other fibro sx, but most do overlap with the MPS, and I do have the RSI injury connection to fit with MPS..
I did take way too much Advil/Motrin while trying to keep working with RSI pain. I feel that messed up my gut health..
Jomar, There are too many overlaps for me due to my Immunotherapy treatment (my Immune System is pushed into overdrive) affecting bones, joints, muscles, bladder, bowels etc. I also have had many of the symptoms listed for fibro syndrome long before I started this treatment though (Also things like kyphosis, Carpel Tunnel). So who knows. When do side effects from one thing become a whole new condition?

I don't fit all criteria for FMS either (e.g. cortisol. Never had a problem. Gets checked every 6 weeks) but it is a syndrome and it does change around all the time and not all people will have the same. Mostly my muscles feel as if they're torn or ripped. That's the best way for me to describe it but it's so complicated by all my other pain. have many other symptoms too of course but they can also be attributed to other conditions. I do not have allodynia. Ido have tender points just before some of the joints especially at wrists and in back, shoulder area but it's complicated these days as the pain heightens just by moving.

I do have hyperalgesia in my PN areas but I also have numbness in those areas as well. Hard to explain having sharp, sharp pain like knives but at the same time having numbness.

- If you have PN all over body then that's very hard to sort out. As I said earlier, I know where my PN starts and stops. It's almost a line. I do not have neuropathy all over my body. I would be feeling sceptical about your fibro diagnosis as well, JKPHOTO.

- In a general practice setting, it would be usual for doctors to ask a patient they have diagnosed with Fibromyalgia if they'd like to see a Psychologist. I get asked in the Oncology setting. Stress and anxiety and depression are common in these painful conditions. I make a joke about it but I do understand the need for relaxation techniques and perhaps CBT and more to help deal with pain.

Last edited by Lara; 09-30-2022 at 04:49 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote