View Single Post
Old 10-04-2022, 06:13 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Hello folks,

Just an update that I hope can bring hope to anyone else in my situation and to let the other commenters know how I'm faring.

It has now been roughly three weeks since my last drink and two weeks since the onset of my symptoms. I'd say at least 75% of my symptoms have disappeared entirely. I feel in control of my body again and the tremors and spasms, as well as the tingling in my feet and hands are almost completely gone.

I'm on a strict regimen of vitamin B and I have improved my diet vastly with more nutrient rich foods (to the best of my ability on a student budget).

The panicked state I found myself in was abysmal but in some way it prompted me to make lifestyle changes that I believe have amounted to my recovery.

I went out last Friday with my friends and drank 0,0% beer. To be honest, I had a great time still and I believe the taste of beer alone tricked my brain into getting into a jolly mood.

The only remaining symptom right now is weakness of the legs and I make it my mission to take a short walk each day to regain muscle strength and coordination.

Thank you for all the kind support in the trying times that I've had.

I hope that I will be completely symptom-free in my next update. To anyone who finds this thread and is in the same place that I was two weeks ago, trust that this condition is reversible (or at least partially in congruence with the extent of your alcohol abuse). I shall stay off the drink in the future!
Jaybot95 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Atticus (10-05-2022), Lara (10-04-2022)