View Single Post
Old 10-08-2022, 05:17 PM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaybot95 View Post
Hi guys!

So it's 16 days since my last drink and 8 days since I first started having symptoms. My worry has been on peaks and in valleys but today I can confidently say that I feel a change. The tingling and pain in my feet have lessened. Now they're mostly just cold.

I took a walk, about 3 miles and I felt slightly uncomfortable but it wasn't like walking on pillows anymore, but rather, my leg muscles felt weak.

Instead of going out to the club with my university mates, I went out to the countryside to my mum's cottage. I do confess that I felt like going out drinking, that I was missing out on something, but I realized I was in the best place I could be considering the circumstances. In the future, I will go out with my mates without drinking.

I will update you further on my journey to recovery later.

Stay blessed!
That is a promising progress. How are things now? I myself had a bad setback for a week, but now I am almost symtom free since 5 days. I could even eat some Swiss chocolate now and still no symptoms on the next day. I workout a lot, walk, bike, hike or just work around the house to burn any excess sugar.

If there is any setback, please don't panic! You have to see the big picture and progress in the long run. My bad days are getting fewer and further in between. I go almost 1 year without drinking.

Neuropathy can have several reasons. Make sure you check the list! It can be a combination of alcohol and something else. I am not saying that is your case, just make sure you exclude all other options too. You are young, you can do this!
jean2399 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote