View Single Post
Old 10-09-2022, 03:45 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Traveler85,

Welcome to NeuroTalk.

You have the tight idea about symptoms without a physical cause. The brain can memorize symptoms and play them back when triggered. Think of PTSD flashbacks.

No, your daughter does not have the impact force to cause a concussion. It takes 60 to 80 G. Think of dropping a 16 pound bowling ball on your head from 12 inches.

If it was a concussion, you would immediately sense that momentary WHOA feeling. Then, maybe more symptoms later... headaches, etc. The surface/skin/scalp pain is not the WHOA sensation I mention.

The hard touch sensation to the skin could be enough to trigger the flashback.

What do you mean by a 'short flight'?

It appears you may be checking for symptoms. If you do check for symptoms as a part of your anxiety response, you will notice symptoms, even if they are not really manifesting. I get headaches responding to these question. The headache goes away as soon as I move to another thought. I get gut tensing and tingling when I see a head impact on TV. Those are responses that have nothing to do with physical trauma.

You can teach your brain to respond to these events in a positive or negative way. Don't feed those negative responses and you will do better.

Don't plan on having symptoms. No need to cancel your trip.

Other than canceling your flight, what other change would you make IF this was a concussion?

"Be still and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10
Mark in Idaho is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote