View Single Post
Old 10-16-2022, 10:24 PM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

I'm actually quite happy receiving their newsletters and blogs showing what's going on with their trials etc.. I signed up ages back. There are a few other threads here regarding WinSanTor's research on the neuropathy drug/topical going back to 2019. There are some posts from a few new members and also others who have been here a while in the past but they never updated. I actually thought they were being quite proactive but that's perhaps because I receive all their info..

I don't feel my life is in any way compromised by receiving and reading their information. If it was Novatis (sp?), Merck or Moderna or Pfizer I might, but not with what Winsantor are sending me.

It certainly doesn't feel like snake oil to me but I am not a scientist of course. If I lived in North America, I'd probably sign up for a trial if it ever eventuated for my situation. Snake oil to me felt like AstraZeneca/Targacept's TC-5214 recycled Mecamylamine/Inversine (very old drug that was a nicotine agonist and used for treatment of hypertension) that was aimed towards another health issue until it failed the trial totally. If WinSanTor can recycle an older drug and change it a little and get positive results then that would be astounding. (IF)

I just like to keep up to date with what they're doing and in the beginning their information seemed directed towards DPN, diabetic, and now they're doing trial for chemotherapy induced PN. It seems targeted to Breast Cancer treatments. Mine is not chemo related but is still a cancer treatment so I'm hopeful for more in the future. Different drugs, but similar or same outcome but they'd have to target one particular population for a trial.

I said this on another thread somewhere, but there are so many different causes of PN and we're all so different. It's hard to imagine one drug working for everyone if it does turn out to help at all. We are a while off I suppose but meanwhile I get their emails and news quite often even if it's not directed at my situation exactly.

Gosh, I don't want to be in this pain. I don't want anyone to be in this pain.

Last edited by Lara; 10-16-2022 at 10:54 PM.
Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
jurgen975 (10-17-2022)