View Single Post
Old 10-21-2022, 04:02 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

New to this so forgive me if I am retreading covered ground.

I am fairly certain I have alcohol induced neuropathy. But I do not follow the regular pattern at all. I woke up one day with the feeling of a very bad bruise on the bottom of my right foot. Eventually it morphed into feeling like the bottom of the foot was swollen in addition to pain. This was all on the bottom of my right foot at the ball of the foot. About nine months later I began getting the feeling of a bunched up sock on my left ball of foot as well. My left hand's fingers also began to tingle a bit and my hand would cramp.

A little over a year from the initial onset I stopped drinking, before this time I was still looking for mechanical causes on my foot (i.e. a neuroma, etc...).

I stopped drinking about a year ago. The pain lessened in the six months after stopping drinking but the discomfort has persisted. Not as bad when walking but standing is very unpleasant.

Has anybody else had a similar onset where it went from zero to painful without a progression of numbness or tingling? And if so has anybody had the symptoms fully resolve? Cutting right to it I feel like my case is different than everyone else's I read about (the progression certainly seems to be abnormal) and I am worried my healing has stopped as it seems for the past 3-4 months to not be improving or to be moving slightly backwards (although marginally and who the hell knows it could be flare ups or in my head). This whole condition feels a bit like a mental game.

Thank you to anyone and everyone for any insight.
icandothis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (11-02-2022)