View Single Post
Old 10-23-2022, 07:08 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

This thread is a bit old but I'm starting to think I'm in the same boat. I thought it was alcohol related but from what I've read I wasn't near enough to cause nerve damage. I started getting tingling and numbness on my left side a few months after my booster shot. While that is a long time after to get symptoms from what I've seen it's not impossible and I'm not the only one in that boat. The symptoms since then have been random numbness, tingling in my left leg, arm, and sometimes face, some weird heart rate spikes (possibly anxiety related honestly). I did get covid a month after which seemed to make symptoms worse. These days with cooler weather my main symptom is really cold/burning feet and occasionally hands. The tingling has died down and is much less intense and the numbness isn't as often. Bloodwork, MRI of brain, emg/ncs all clear. Haven't done a skin biopsy yet and with the symptoms not worsening and actually slightly improving I'm not in a hurry. Should things worsen I will but for now even though it's up and down day by day the overall trend is improving. I'm only 5 months in and I've seen stories of people having similar issues and their neurologists saying it's probably not nerve damage and just irritation or inflammation causing this that will resolve in a year or two which make sense.

Forgive the rambling but hoping a year in symptoms will resolve here as well. Thankfully I'm able to exercise and that usually helps reduce the symptoms quite a bit. If the dizziness is too much I can always stop but it really does make me feel better. I've had quite a few bad days during this and thankfully the days where my body feels like it's buzzing and I feel dizzy/nauseous are becoming less and less. Just sucks that any alcohol really brings out the burning feet for some time although that could be coincidental since it's off and on anyway. But if it's nerve irritation it would make sense that booze would irritate it further. Anyway I'm hopeful that a year or two in and it will heal. I've had a lot of the bad stuff ruled out so the health anxiety is for sure lessoning and not just compounding my problems.
gooilers18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote