View Single Post
Old 11-03-2022, 05:30 AM

10 yr Member

10 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by icandothis View Post
I had the nerve conduction tests and they were normal. But that wouldn’t show the small fiber kind which I’m thinking it is. I guess I could confirm with a punch biopsy.

I had the conduction test done, and as I technically have poly-neuropathy, they could clearly measure the damage from my calves downwards.

I went from the feeling something was wrong (pebble in my shoe?) to full blown pain in a few weeks. I never really felt numbness until the pain subsided.

It can be a wild and expensive goose chase to find you if you "have it" or not. Then the next chase is "is it AN or not" etc. In truth, it's not helpful to know. There is no difference in treatment options.

Bloodwork (just to be sure, things like B12), eating healthy, stop alcohol intake, reduce stress, exercise. They are the only real actions we can take.

It is frustrating, for sure. There may not be much useful literature as there is currently no real "cure" - other than taking those sensible steps.

OTOH I'm extremely happy to have bitten the bullet and become sober, and I bet Icehouse feels just the same. There are some hurdles, but life can be good again.
Wide-O is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Icehouse (11-03-2022)