View Single Post
Old 11-06-2022, 02:42 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
What you are experiencing is "normal". It's a weird ailment.

In short, our nerves are protected by a myeline sheath, a bit like insulation around electrical wires. That sheath is damaged, nerves are "exposed", the electricity flowing through them doesn't make sense, and your brain freaks out.

50% of that is "in your head". The more you calm down, adapt to and accept something is not right, the less pain and discomfort you will feel. But there will always be discomfort (until the next scientific breakthrough). Sure, it is a real physical problem, but the way you mentally handle it is extremely important. (very similar to tinnitus really)

Does that make sense?

It's normal to ask the questions though. I freaked out for 3 years at first.
Makes a ton of sense Wide-O, thank you. I’m a bit of an obsessor so I am particularly susceptible to freaking out. Thank you for understanding and responding to my questions. It is very helpful and comforting to be able to communicate with others who have walked this road.

I think from reading past posts you had flare ups but tended to trend in the right direction in the long run. Maybe not quickly but even when you were having days that seemed like setbacks I think you said you continued to move the right direction in the long run. If I’m correct, did your “flare ups” include times where it seemed like areas that had not been affected were mildly affected? I’m not saying it spread from your foot to your calf necessarily, but it feels like it has spread from only one spot on the ball of my foot to the entire ball of my foot. It makes me worry that it wasn’t just the alcohol. That it’s “idiopathic” and the alcohol just exacerbated it. Any thoughts or comments are welcome and appreciated. Thank you!!!!!
icandothis is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote