View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 04:11 PM
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Newly Joined

1 yr Member
Default New, scared, sudden onset neuropathy

Hi all, new to forums.

I'm a healthy 42 year old that basically over night after a day of being on my feet suddenly developed what I fear is neuropathy. It's been two months now.
I still have no official diagnosis, however my symptoms are 24/7 burning feet, mainly bottom of feet but partially also on sides and top. They feel super hot or like I'm standing on ice, or cold and hot at the same time, tingle, ache and burn, sometimes buzzing. No loss of sensation, in fact oversensitive.
I've seen a podiatrist, physiotherapist and multiple doctors. Bloodtests (including rheumatic tests and Lyme) all came back normal. B12 was high not low. Ferritin super low, only 4, so on iron supplements now, so far no help. Kinesiotape gives some relief but doesn't help all the way. Ibuprofen doesn't even touch it. I've tried warming as well as cooling creams. I feel like my life as I know it is over so I need some comforting words I guess and hope that it can get better or at least easier to cope with.
The thing I don't understand is, how is it (or is it?) possble to develop neuropathy over night without any event? no diabetes, barely drink alkohol. I'm still holding on to some distant hope that it is something else, something that can pass. Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.
Hot feet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote