View Single Post
Old 11-07-2022, 05:08 PM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Just to play devils advocate here. I was in a very similar situation drinking wise which was noted in my thread. A few weeks ago I had my B6 tested on a whim and I was 3x the upper limit for the test. B6 that high can cause neuropathy symptoms so yours may not be alcohol related at all. Of course if something else is damaging your nerves alcohol is doing any favors. In my case I'm laying off of any supplements that contain B6 and will see where I'm at down the road. Since this all started sometimes alcohol made no difference other times it kicked up the burning feet but that could have been coincidental because it happens when I don't drink as well. Then again I've only drank a few times since this all started. Would be nice to have a few every now and then but we'll see.

Your nerves may have healed a bit but not enough to withstand alcohol whether or not it's your cause. Just a thought. Not sure how much you drank before but 2x per week shouldn't cause neuropathy unless you're going to town on a bottle or something. Anyway you may want to check your B6 to see if that is part of the reason for the symptoms. A lot of complexes and multivitamins contain a ton and some people just can't eliminate it as well.
gooilers18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
echoes long ago (11-08-2022), Lara (11-11-2022)