View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 02:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused Concussion and facial numbness

Hello everyone, my name is Terry
I was at a beach party yesterday, it was an excelent party, DJ's, the sun, the sand and lots of people! A few friends and I decided we would try to make a tower of people, one friend stood on anothers shoulders and I swam down and lifted them both on to my shoulders, as great as it looked it lasted all of 3 seconds and the middle person fell backwards, the top fell forwards on to my head, I don't know which part of him hit me but it hurt! I thought nothing of it until there was blood and slowly dizzyness fell upon me.
I was taken to the clinic to get checked. I began to feel a numbness in the left side of my face and a very slight tingling, when checked I could feel pressure but very little sensation of being touched, when asked the doctor did not know what it could be.
My question is, it is clearly a result of the accident, but is it any relation to the concussion, if so how and should I be worried? If not, then what are other possible causes and again, should I be worried? The numbness and tingling seems to have gone today, but it doesn't stop me from wondering what the cause and effects could be in the near or distant future.
Thank you for your time, I am sorry if this all seems long winded just to ask a question, however I felt it important to explain the back story.
Terry
Techytez is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote