View Single Post
Old 11-14-2022, 10:30 AM

2 yr Member

2 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
50% of that is "in your head". The more you calm down, adapt to and accept something is not right, the less pain and discomfort you will feel. But there will always be discomfort (until the next scientific breakthrough). Sure, it is a real physical problem, but the way you mentally handle it is extremely important. (very similar to tinnitus really)

Does that make sense?
Quote:
Originally Posted by icandothis View Post
Makes a ton of sense Wide-O, thank you. I’m a bit of an obsessor so I am particularly susceptible to freaking out. Thank you for understanding and responding to my questions. It is very helpful and comforting to be able to communicate with others who have walked this road.

That it’s “idiopathic” and the alcohol just exacerbated it. Any thoughts or comments are welcome and appreciated. Thank you!!!!!

This could actually make sense. I have had tinnitus since my late 20s and I am 52 now. It was possibly caused by a swimming pool infection. First, I could barely live with it. It distubed me so much that I could only take it in relatively noisy situations or under the shower practically. Then it improved a little bit and it is still there, but it does not affect me anymore 90+% of the time as my brain learned to turn it off so I refused all medical treatment and I just let it be. When I am in complete silence it even relaxes me and it almost never peaks like before. Of course I avoid noisy concerts and I use earplugs when I must go to a loud place, like a cinema a musical performances sometimes. Even during those ocassions I can leave my ears unplugged, my tinnitus peaks the other day, but clams down the next.

Before my neuropathy started I had Hepatitis E and also COVID, so that made a rough combination as Hepa E can also cuase neuropathy. My symptoms got from bad to worse when I stopped drinking alltoghether late last year, but then slowly improved. I had mayor setbacks and I had to resort to Xanax in those periods. I finally figured out that the worsening can be caused by stress, climatic changes, diet especially sugar intake.

I am more or less fine since a few months now, I can even eat some sugar. Yesterday I overdid Nutella, so now I have spasms and some numbness returned, but I know they will be gone soon or when I make some excersize and burn the sugar. So I don't freak out, I just don't do sugar until it is gone.

So setbacks are normal and also if you don't freak out that must help too. My symptoms are much milder now when they return. Gone are the days of needles and pins, pain and rainy days inside my room or in windy climate. That was pure nigthtmare. There is some ocassional numbness, but lasts a few hours only after a I sin with a cake or two. It will improve I am sure.

The body is the best healer, so I am sure you will be back on track too if you keep up with the good diet, exact vitamin intakes, excersize, sleep and no stress lifestyle. Please report on your condition!
jean2399 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ajwinpain (11-16-2022)