View Single Post
Old 07-30-2007, 05:42 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

i think your feelings are absolutely normal- i am at 9 weeks and still on plenty of meds (also still waiting for surgery on the other side)

do you have any feelings of improvment? Are you doing exercises to keep/increase range of motion? Have you done any post op PT ? (with a good therapist...) are you able to do any kind of cardiovascular activity, even walking around the block?

i would expect as slow but somewhat steady rate of improvments with occasional setbacks for when you will inevitably overdo (we all have to learn, right )

If I recall, you were feeling pretty lousy for an awfully long time before you had surgery, your recovery rate will be proportional to that.

I am still experiencing pain in the spot where i had the most nerve inflammation, but it is significantly decreased from what it felt like before surgery. Also the range of motion in that arm has increased- as it used to be limited by the pain of that inflamed nerve.

Try to recover as best you can before jumping back into work- your longer term prognosis (and earning power) is much better if you do.

Johanna

johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote