View Single Post
Old 11-15-2022, 08:08 AM

1 yr Member

1 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wide-O View Post
This. So much.
It should be a disclaimer on every post about PN.
It is just a pitty doctors did not tell me all I have learned in the past year experimenting on my body and reading posts here. They did not care or have a clue, they just told me, go home, it will improve or not. Have patience! Great. When you have to live on Xanax that is a fine sentence to hear.

Quote:
FWIW, I also have tinnitus since 2004. Same mechanism, isn't it? The last 2 years were a lot worse as medication (SSRI ...) turned it from "normal" tinnitus into full blown hyperacusis. Normal daily sounds drove me crazy at first, music was a no-no. For some reason I had an awesome month, and guess what... back to listening to music at normal volume etc. The power of the mind ...
Sounds worse than mine. I can listen to music, but I figured out that certain speaker systems that go below a frequency lever worsen my tinnitus. I bought myself a high end system 20 years ago and had to sell it, as my tinnitus turned unbearable. So now I use a small JBL speaker for my home cinema and it is just fine. Also some earphones are too much, so I just use the plug in versions and that's it. I don't feel I loose anything. I just adapt to the situations and no worries.

Quote:
FWIW, Covid has neuropathy as one of its many possible side effects (as it's a bloodclotting/arterial lining disease at first, preventing the much needed nutrition (B12 etc) to small fibre nerves first. (this last point is speculation on my part, but it would make sense.
So I had the worst cocktail of neuropathy inducing beasts (COVID, Hepatitis E, alcohol). I am getting better, so there is light at the end of the tunnel.

I try to take neuropathy as belssing not a curse. I know it sounds crazy. Since I know it is stress sensitive. I try to avoid stress at all cost. Even if I am in a stressful situation i tought myself to calm down quickly and go on with life. In the long run nobody died of neuropathy, but you can die of stress. Same nobody dies of a good diet even when forced. Low sugar intake helps me to keep my body in shape. Also I do much more exercise as I figured it helps keep it under control. Yesterday after I sinned with Nutella, I went for a 60kms ride on an eMTB, the whole day was clean afterwards and during the ride. When there is no neuropathy, nothing can destroy my mood

Quote:
Flare ups are very confusing - they make you think no progress was made, but if you really look back (sometimes taking notes every day or every few days helps), you will see you have come a long way.
Exactly!
jean2399 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote